Monday, February 7, 2011

Thin is the New Happy

This is what Im reading right now. I must admit that I bought the book based solely on the picture on the cover. I was thinking "I can relate to that, I must see what this book is about" :)

Im about half way through and I must say that I love it. The Author, Valerie Frankel has so many good points and sayings. I have had several "AHA" moments.

First, We all know the 5 stages of grief right. Well, did you know that they can be applied to dieting. Here, let me tell you...
1. Denial: "This diet is going to be the one that works"
2. Anger: "Everyone else has cake!"
3. Bargaining: "I cheated today so I will work out extra hard tomorrow"
4. Depression: "I cant believe I ate that whole thing"
5. Acceptance: "Its useless, I will never be thin."

The first paragraph had me sucked in... "Im a diet addict. I exist on a continuous loop of starting a diet, recovering from one and planning the next. Im either counting calories, fat grams, carbs or the number of days until I begin anew (and it's always "for the last time"). Dieting defines me."

Those are just a few of the highlights from the beginning of the book. I will blog more about it when I finish it.

On another note, weigh in is in 2 days and I ate a TON for the Super Bowl. I had saved ALL my bonus points to use so Im hoping it didnt hurt me too badly. I guess we will see how I did on Wednesday :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you found my blog, and then I found yours! I'm excited to go back and read through your blog- love the way you write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh sounds like a great book! I will have to check it out. Have you read Made to Crave? Another great one!

    ReplyDelete